Friday, April 24, 2009

Park Avenue, Arches National Park & The Moab Brewery, Utah

There are no arches here, but Park Avenue at Arches National Park is well worth a quick stop. Park Avenue is comprised of tall, "thin" rock formations which resemble skyscrapers ~ these were striking and unusual. There is a short, one mile trail that takes you to Courthouse Towers, where you can either turn-around and walk back, or get someone to pick you up there and take you back to your car.

After a long day of hiking and exploring Arches National Park, we went to Moab Brewery for dinner. The surprisingly thing was that although the parking lot looked jammed-packed, there was actually plenty of seating. The food was pretty good for brewery good, as the menu was more than burgers and grilled sandwiches, but included salads, soups, pastas, and vegetarian entrĂ©es as well. Brad’s the beer drinker here, and must admit that he wasn’t too impressed with Moab’s brew. OH, there are coupons at the Moab Visitor's Center for a free appetizer with the purchase of three entrĂ©es. Enjoy!!



2 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Now you're talking! I did the one-mile hike through Park Avenue, and Suzy drove to the other side to pick me up. I got one of my absolute favorite pictures there. If I remember, I'll email it to you from my other computer where all my photos are stored.

Danny &Shula Oren said...

Utah One of my favorites destinations,spent 2 months hiking the N.P,did not miss an ARCH...

Blog Archive