Monday, September 9, 2019

Paris, France – Day 5 (September 9th)

We were up at 7:30am and made our way to Pere Lachaise Cemetery to see Jim Morrison's grave. 

A couple days ago, we signed-up for an Airbnb Experience -  Learn to Bake a French Macaron with a Chef - so we made our way to the workshop in Saint-Germain-des-Près, but first stopped to have some brunch - eggs with ham ('cuz we're obviously not having enough ham these days....), warm bread, coffee/tea. Also in the class was a woman from Denver and a woman from NYC.  The instructor was Emanuelle - absolutely lovely and full of information. 

Some pictures of all our hard work...........

Making the filling.........

Then the shell...........

Piping...........


More piping.............



Baking..........

Assembled!

Newly-minted macaron chefs!

Something to keep in mind - the "perfect" macarons you see in the bakery, well those are machine made.  When they are "not so perfect," well, that means that they're made by hand! 😃

We really enjoyed the experience and learned a lot -  more than just macaron making - general baking knowledge as well that we will definitely use going forward. 

With our freshly baked macarons in hand, we walked about a mile to see Notre Dame.

From the front......


What it looked like before the fire.......(postcard)

What it looks like now.........
 Some of the repair work being done........

We took the subway home and waited for a restaurant to open (they eat late in Paris!) and found ourselves at an Italian restaurant  - a small place - with fabulous food - Brad had a risotto dish and Suzanne had a roasted vegetable with fresh mozzarella dish - both were fabulous.  The owner, a young Italian guy, was super friendly and chatted with us a while. It was definitely a great last dinner in Paris and a great meal with which to end our 3-week adventure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked on the
-Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I receive 4 emails with the same comment.
Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this site before
but after reading through some of the post I realized
it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll
be bookmarking and checking back often!

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a stuff!
present here at this web site, thanks admin of this web site.

Anonymous said...

Keep on working, great job!

Blog Archive